Friday, November 21, 2014

24th Birthday Haul

So last Friday was my 24th birthday, which basically means one thing: I got a lot of makeup. Since I'm 24 people aren't really into buying me gifts anymore, so now I just get cash. Which is fine with me because I love to shop. Over the course of the weekend I received $155, which I put to good use during the week.


This haul is a big deal for me because I purchased my first Urban Decay products. Yay! I know I'm late to the party, but I'm gonna be honest with you -- I just can't afford high-end products otherwise. My husband and I are currently living off of just my income and expensive makeup just isn't a priority. But you can bet your mom's pajamas I made it a priority with my birthday cash.

I have been drooling over the Naked 3 palette for months. Like, honestly -- MOOONTHS. The rose gold pinkyness was calling my name. When I walked into Ulta, it was the first product I went to grab. It felt so satisfying to finally purchase that palette. I created a look with it the next day and was mildly horrified that I didn't fall in love with it immediately. I feel like it's not as pigmented as I thought it should be... I haven't used it since then honestly, because I'm terrified I won't like it. I also purchased the Naked Basics palette and I am head-over-heels in love with it. I like, can't wait to use it every morning. All the colors are gorgeous, highly pigmented, and blend so easily. Ulta was having a deal that with every $40 UD purchase you received a sample of the PP and the 24/7 glide on pencil.


If you follow me on IG than you know that my latest obsession has been lip products. Seriously, my organization is overflowing right now. But I still had to make sure to purchase some! Like the Naked 3, I have been dreaming of the Revlon matte balm in Shameless. Purple is my favorite color and the swatches of this product looked perfect. I also picked up a few NYX lip liners, because they are so raved about, as well as the matte lipstick. The matte lipstick is in the color Whipped Caviar, and it's a wonderful muted, rosey nude. I also got two new WnW lipsticks: Red Velvet and Mochalicious. I purchased Mochalicious on request from an IG follower and immediately fell in love.


Lastly, I had to pick up some NYX goodies. Of course. NYX is my favorite drugstore brand I think. I wanted some cooler-toned eyeshadows and more jumbo eye pencils. The pencil in Yogurt is so gorgeous! A really pretty, shimmery champagne color.


That's it for this haul. I love everything that I got and my soul just feels so happy. Also, I still have some money to spend so keep an eye out for another haul ;)

What's one of your favorite products that you think I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment