Tuesday, September 30, 2014

First Impression of the Maybelline Creamy Matte lipstick in Touch of Spice


If you don't know about this lipstick, then you must be living under a rock! Seriously, this lipstick in this specific color has been flooding my feed on IG for a little less than 2 weeks now. And for very good reason! This Maybelline Creamy Matte lipstick collection was just barely released. Like, when I went to my Ulta, they had to bring the display out to me because they hadn't put it out yet. And it is selling like hot cakes! I've seen women on Insta travel to three or four stores to find this specific lipstick. There are other girls buy two or three of it for back ups. Seriously, that's how amazing this lipstick is!

Upon first opening the tube, I had a small heart attack. I found myself rather disappointed in the color. It was much browner than I was expecting. I swatched it on my hand, and all of my worries faded away. It looked beautiful! It only took me two or three swipes to build up the color completely, which is fantastic. I went into the bathroom to apply it to my lips and was pleasantly surprised by how creamy it was. I know it's in the name, but I was not expecting it to feel as creamy as it does. And the color? I loved it even more lovely on my lips than I did on the back of my hand. It was perfect for me. I was immediately excited to wear this product all Fall!

I've been wearing the lipstick for about 4 hours now, and I am so pleased that my lips do not feel nearly as dry as other matte lipsticks leave me. Now, let's be honest, you can't expect a hydrating and nourishing experience with a matte lipstick - you just can't. However, this lipstick is the most comfortable one that I own, hands down. While it does dry slightly, it still remains somewhat creamy so you are able to rub your lips together without causing enough friction to start a fire. It didn't seem to wear off in the slightest either, which I'm very impressed with because normally I'm left with a weird space on my inner lips. This lipstick does have the typical Maybelline lipstick smell, which everyone seems to hate and I like (call me crazy!). I also do not personally like this package, although that is simply because I prefer round packaging.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product and would repurchase. I also plan on purchasing Lust for Blush from this line once Ulta has a sale or I find a coupon.

  
lip swatch of TOS

No comments:

Post a Comment