Thursday, February 5, 2015

January (2015) Favorites

*DISCLAIMER: you better believe I didn't clean/wash any of the products in this post because 1) I'm not a professional and I don't need to and 2) ain't nobody got time for that.

Favorites posts and videos are my favorite. I love to see what products professionals and amateurs alike are loving on and using most frequently. I have personally purchased many products because of their hype on a favorites post/video. But let's be real, I suck at making my own favorites posts. I always plan on doing it, but then something comes up and then we're a week into the new month and it just becomes too late. NOT THIS MONTH THOUGH. This month I made sure to start working on my favorites before the month even ended (and I was still five days into the month). Because I rarely do favorites post, you guys are gonna get slammed with things I've been loving for the past couple months.

I have a lot of favorites this month, but let's start with the star...


Oh my goodness! Since receiving this palette two weeks ago, I have used it every day I have done my eye makeup. This palette is 100% worth all the hype surrounding its release as well as the headache of ordering it. It's full of colors I've been wanting for a long time but never got around to purchasing. To keep it short: I am in love.

Jaclyn Hill Favorites palette got me like...

Another favorite of mine for the last couple months has been my ABH contour kit. I picked this up at Ulta right before Thanksgiving and have been using it religiously since then. I love the definition these powders bring to my face! I alternate using Vanilla and Banana (sometimes both) to brighten my under eye area and absolutely love Fawn for my contour. I haven't touched another bronzer or highlighting powder since I purchased this.


Tickled Pink and Luminoso
I have been loving all over these two blushes this month. I have a tendency to be too heavy-handed with my blushes, but these two still manage to look so natural. Fun fact: that ELF studio blush is the first blush I ever purchased when I first started getting into makeup about a year ago. I definitely reach for these most often.


As some of you may know, I used the Real Techniques stippling brush exclusively for almost a year. Seriously, that brush was perfect for me because it gave such full, yet not cakey coverage. This year I branched out and purchased the Real Techniques expert face brush, and - dare I say it?! - I think I love it even more! This brush applies foundation in such a beautiful way and it does it sOoOo quickly. One thing I really love in particular is that I can still stipple my foundation on in the areas I want a bit more coverage. Because of its versatility, this is my preferred method to apply my foundation right now.



A hair product that I have really been loving this month is the NuMe white truffle leave-in conditioner. This product has drastically changed the texture of my hair in such a short amount of time that I'd say it was impossible if it wasn't happening to me. Seriously, one use, and your hair will feel smoother and softer. I cannot recommend this product enough. It also smells incredible.

*keep an eye out for my Hair Care Routine, part 2!


My favorite lipstick product for the month is the NYX matte lipstick in the color Whipped Caviar. This is the perfect everyday shade. It's a great mid-tone pink with a touch of brown. It's a super comfortable formula too. Whenever I can't decide on what lipstick to wear, I usually fall back on this one. It's safe, on the more natural side, and looks good with every type of look.



I've been recently getting into lip liners and my favorite has been the NYX pencil liner in Espresso. This is a great, chocolately brown color. I love the versatility of this liner! I can wear it under Whipped Caviar, under any brown lipsticks, under any red lipsticks. It's perfect for darkening the lip line for that ombre effect without going black. I love wearing it under my NYX matte lipstick in Alabama.



While I'm on my NYX kick, I might as well mention my two most-loved jumbo eye pencils for this month: Milk and Yogurt. If you haven't heard of Milk, you need to crawl out from under your rock. It is perfect for everything! I like to use it to brighten my eye shadows. And Yogurt is a wonderful, light pink, shimmery shade. I use it as a cream base for my inner corner highlight and top it with any shimmery shadow.



Have you used any of these products before?
What were your January favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment