Thursday, August 21, 2014

20 Facts About Me


So, about the only things you know about me are what's in my bio on IG, and I want you guys to know a little bit more than that. I know that I'm always wondering about the artists I follow. So here are 20 random facts about me.


  1. In my bio, I refer to myself as a Christ follower... That means that I believe in the Gospel. I believe that God created the entire universe, and that we were ejected from Paradise when sin entered the world. God the Father, overflowing with grace and mercy, sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be beaten and nailed to a cross to cover my sins. Jesus then rose three days later, and he lives today at the right hand of God. Because of Jesus' atoning work on the Cross and his victory over death, my relationship with God has been reconciled and I can look forward to an eternity in Heaven. If you'd like more information, click the link for my testimony on my homepage. 
  2. On that note, I believe the Bible to be the true and infallible word of God. The Bible is the supreme authority of my life, offering guidance, love, advice, and comfort. 
  3. I live in Phoenix, Arizona -- AKA the hottest place on Earth. It is literally sweltering here during the summer!
  4. I'm married. Derek and I celebrated our first anniversary a few months back. My husband is amazing!
  5. I'm currently a student at Grand Canyon University. My major is biblical studies with an emphasis in youth ministry. I am 14 courses away from receiving my degree.
  6. I have two sisters. Lauren is 17 and Cayci is 27. We all get along great and are planning on getting matching tattoos in October.
  7. Speaking of tattoos, I have three little ones. I have a purple heart on my forearm that I got in a shop on the beach while on my senior trip. I have 1 John 4:19 ("We love because He first loved us) on my ring finger. This was the verse we focused on during our wedding. I also have a small heart above the exfoliation line on the inside of my left foot.
  8. Purple is my favorite color! Seriously, I have a small issue. I own so much purple it's not even funny. Of course I own the gorgeous limited edition Sonia Kashuks.
  9. Currently I work at a small asset protection law firm. I basically have one of those jobs where no one really knows what I do, even though I've explained it five times. But before that, I worked with kids. I did that for 5 years and miss it every day.
  10. I don't really know what God wants me to do with my life... I'm at GCU right now, but I also want to go to beauty school. But I also want to be a stay at home mom. But I also want to go on a long-term mission trip. It's a confusing time for me.
  11. I am a very sensitive person in all aspects of the word. I feel things very profoundly and deeply. I don't watch gory movies at all; they easily disturb me. When I'm happy, I am soaring. When I'm sad, I can't move. 
  12. I've been suffering from depressive episodes since 7th grade. For the most parts, I do okay at managing them. Every once in awhile I get lost in one, but God sees me through.
  13. I'm quick to speak up for and defend what I believe.
  14. One of my favorite foods to eat is an amazing salad that is chock-full of goodies! My other favorite food to eat is chocolate.
  15. My middle name is Rachel, named after my aunt, who happens to be one of my favorite people ever.
  16. My favorite television show is Supernatural. I've been watching it since season one and am slightly obsessed. 
  17. I'm very interested in controversial topics, such as abortion. I love to read about them and form my own educated opinions, using the Bible as a filter, of course.
  18. I am an extremely passionate person. I easily get worked up about things and situations and am quick to speak up. I get loud and boisterous and start gesturing with my hands. I really gotta learn how to tone it down haha.
  19. I love to juice in the mornings! It is such a great start to my day. It gives me a delicious, portable breakfast that's healthy. If you've never juiced before, you're missing out!
  20. I have oily, problematic skin with neutral undertones. 
Wow! That ended up being a lot longer than I wanted it to be! I guess I'm long-winded too ;) If there are any other questions about me that are consuming your mind, feel free to ask down below or send me a DM on Insta!

No comments:

Post a Comment