Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dramatic Looks #2 and #3

Well, I think this week's dramatic look turned out pretty decent compared to last week's! I decided to use tones and colors that I'm a bit more comfortable with to create this look. I also really focused on adding more pigmentation to my transition color. Normally the color gets lost during blending, and I never go back to add it, but today I definitely tried to. I'm also realizing that I'm having some shadow transfer from my lid into my crease area. I've been concentrating on rubbing my lid and blending the crease extra well to avoid this, but I'm still having trouble... Can anyone recommend anything? Is it just my shadows or maybe my primer? Do I need to be more persistent in blending?


I also created this look during the week! I'm honestly really proud of this because blue is sOoOo intimidating to me. I wish I had a white primer or a teal cream shadow to use as a base though, just to give the blue that extra oomph.  I'm also starting to learn that my crease doesn't always have to be dark. Way back when my mom first taught me how to wear makeup, she always taught me that the crease should be the darkest, and for some looks that is very appropriate, but it's not the rule of life.

Anyways, I'm really pleased with these two looks. I enjoyed creating them and wearing them all day. I'm currently saving up for a Morphe Brushes palette so that I can create some more fun and colorful looks.

If you have any tips, tricks, or constructive criticism, please leave it down below! I'm very eager to learn new things here.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment