Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dramatic Look #1

@makeupbygriselda
Welp, I did it. I said I was going to be practicing more dramatic looks, and that's just what I did. Unfortunately, being a novice at this whole blogging thing means learning as I go. So, lesson #1, do my looks during the day time so there is decent light for pictures. About halfway through blending my crease I realized that any picture I took was going to be a giant Suck Fest because of poor lighting.

Anyways, this is the best picture I could get. I didn't have the exact warm, pinky shade she did, so I mixed together a few shades in one of my ELF palettes. Also, all of the dark shades I have seem to be really lacking pigmentation. It's quite disappointing. This look did give me a good excuse to use my electric purple eye liner by NYX (which you can't see because of the poor lighting!).

Overall, I think I did okay with this look. Obviously not as glamorous as Griselda, but I think it's decent work. After doing this look I'm really wanting to invest in some better quality eye shadows, such as Makeup Geek. Good thing my birthday is only 3 months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment