Friday, August 15, 2014

Feature Friday 8/15/14

Welcome to my very first Feature Friday post! This will be a weekly segment on Kalyn's Cosmetics, and it will be posted -- you guessed it! -- every Friday. I will feature various things: products, tools/brushes, make up accessories, and even artists.

Without further ado, let's get to it!

I'm giving the honor of my first feature to a tried and true make up product. I have used this product for years and have found that nothing does the job quite as well as it does.

Retails for $9.55 on physiciansformula.com
 This Conceal RX Physicians Strength concealer in the corrective shade green by Physicians Formula is a holy grail product of mine. As stated in other posts, I have acne prone skin, which means a lot of redness. The first time I was ever introduced to color correcting methods was at an Ulta event for Smashbox, and the rep used the green primer on my face and I was blown away. I've been using a green corrector ever since (although not the Smashbox one). The first one I purchased was in stick form, but that didn't blend well. I always had a zombie-esque look to my face. Not cute. Then I stumbled upon this specific product, and immediately fell in love. The creamy texture of this product makes it so blendable, while the thick consistency does miracles to cover redness.

But my all-time favorite feature of this product is how much I use on a daily basis.



That's it! That's all that I have to use. A little bit of this product goes suuuuch a long way. Like, seriously, a very long way, so consider yourself warned, because I have totally ended up with too much product on my face. And the sea sick look does not suit me well.

I have two methods of applying this product that I like to use based on the surface area I would like to cover. For covering blemishes, I simply dab some on my finger and blend it out. When I'm trying to cover a larger area -- for example, the redness in my cheeks from scarring -- I dab a few, small dots on my face and blend with an ELF small stipple brush. When I'm applying foundation, I make sure to pay special attention to those areas and see that the green-ness is fully covered.



In short, this product has saved my makeup life!

Are there any color correcting products you swear by?
What should I feature next? A brush? An artist? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment