Friday, September 19, 2014

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipsticks -- review and swatches

So my last blog post was nearly two weeks ago! Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've just been feeling so uninspired lately and I haven't really been purchasing any new makeup either. But, I am back and ready to roll! I recently purchased 5 MUG shadows, 12 Morphe shadows, 3 NYX blushes, and another ELF haul. So there will be plenty of blog posts to come! I've also been recovering from a head cold. On Monday it started with a sore throat and it's basically turned into a ton of congestion and coughing. It's been miserable, but I have been feeling better lately.

Anyways, onto the important stuff!


I hardly ever purchase makeup from Wal-Greens, simply because they're makeup is often a few dollars more than at Target. But I found myself at a Wal-Greens clinic yesterday and while waiting for my prescription I wandered over into the cosmetic aisles (big shocker there!). I noticed that their Wet N Wild merch was on sale and took a look at some of the Mega Last Lipsticks. I ended up purchasing three: Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here, and Bare It All. I was going to deeper shades for fall time, but think I missed that mark a bit. See what happens when you're too afraid to commit?! UGH! Anyways, I love these shades regardless!

 Just Peachy is a wonderful nude peach shade - basically exactly what the name says!

Mauve Outta Here is a great muted pinky mauve.



Bare It All is a wonderful nude shade for me! I was hesitant to purchase it, but am so glad I did.

The lipsticks apply as a creamy sheen, but dry into a more matte, better long-wearing finish. I have noticed, however, that Just Peachy is easier (more creamy) to apply than the rest, so that makes me think that maybe the consistency in the line just isn't there. The packaging is cheap, that's for sure! But you can't expect a Gerard Cosmetics gold bullet when you're paying under $2 a pop. The packaging does it's job. It has a very slight smell to it. I don't find it pleasant or unpleasant - I'm indifferent on the smell.

At the Wal-Greens I was at, the color selection was very limited. A lot of the lipsticks were already sold out or I already had similar colors of what was available. However, on the Wet N Wild website, a much larger selection is available.

I think the Wet N Wild Mega Last lipsticks would be a great line to purchase those experimental colors. You know, when you really wanna try that orangey lipstick, but aren't sure if it's going to look good? It's not too much of a loss when it was $2.

Overall, I'm impressed with the Mega Last lipsticks and plan on purchasing more!

Do you own any Mega Last lipsticks?
What's your favorite color?





No comments:

Post a Comment