Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review of the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation



Oh my gosh, I can't believe I finally have this foundation! The first thing that intrigued me about this product was its packaging - it's beautiful! To learn more information about the product, I turned to YouTube -- as all makeup lovers do. I watched Michelle's video and desperately wanted the foundation. I went to go purchase it several weeks ago, but ended up putting it back down (I'm not sure why!) and I've been dreaming of it ever since. Ulta is currently having a BOGO 50% off Maybelline products sale. I also hunted down a $4 off Dream Wonder product. And I used Ulta's $3.50 off $10 coupons. I purchased this foundation along with the Fit Me concealer and paid $3.39 for the foundation. #boom

I'll be honest, I had very high expectations for this foundation. I had watched many YouTube videos and was very excited to finally have it.

This foundation is verrryyy liquidy. It is easiest the least viscous (that's a chemistry term) foundation I have ever owned. However, the consistency makes for a very soft and blendable application. The bottle instructs you to use your fingers, and that's exactly what I did. Because this is not a full coverage foundation, I made sure to cover my blemishes with a little bit of Colorstay before hand (just a thin layer with my RT complexion sponge). I paid extra attention as I buffed it in that I was not leaving any streaks. I was honestly surprised with how beautiful this foundation made my skin look. It also worked well with all of my powders/blushes/bronzers. This foundation also has SPF in it, which is a plus because I live in Arizona, but I hear that's not good for flash photography.

I'd say this foundation held up well through out the day. After 12 hours of wear (call me crazy!), it's still holding up relatively well. My t-zone and forehead are oily, but nothing crazy or unacceptable. I will say though, that this foundation is not for dry skin. NOT AT ALL. I was recently sick and spent like, 48 hours blowing my nose, so all around my nose and close to my top lip is just destroyed and it does not look good. Basically looks like my face is falling off.

I think my favorite thing about this foundation is that it looks like skin. It does a great job of evening out my skin tone, but because it is a light-medium foundation, my imperfections show through. Call me crazy, but I am loving that type of natural finish. My skin looks like skin -- not a mask.

All in all, I plan to repurchase this foundation.

Quick Overview
Pros: affordable, natural finish, SPF, buildable, easy and quick application.
Cons: not good for dry skin, 10mls less than usual

Have you tried this foundation?
What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment