Wednesday, January 28, 2015

NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Gel Review



Lately I've been into experimenting with different products and methods. I've been into make up for about a year now and my collection has grown immensely and is only continuing to grow! I am absolutely loving trying out new products and ways to apply those products. For example, during the earlier parts of 2014, I was using a brow pencil, then I saw someone on Insta say they use a brown eye liner for their brows, and then I saw that NYX released a new brow product. I was very excited because 1) NYX is awesome and probably my favorite brand and 2) it was a new product/method for me to try. Unfortunately, it took foreverrrr for this product to arrive in my Ulta. Literally, months guys. My Ulta sucks. Feel free to throw a pity party for me, because I do it nearly every time I go there. #firstworldproblems

NYX offers this brow gel in 5 shades -- I purchased the color chocolate. I had very high expectations for this product, because helllloooo, NYX is fabulous. Before we get into my review, here's the claims for the product made on the website:

"Keep your misbehaving brows in place with our discreet and easy-to-use brow gel! The lightweight, waterproof formula creates thicker, fuller, natural-looking brows and comes in five versatile shades. "
 I think this gel lived up to its claims. All except for one, that is: "easy to use". This product, unfortunately, is very difficult to use because of how darn quickly it dries. Like, seriously, by the time I've filled in the tail of my brow and am ready to spooly the front, it's dry. And this product dries hard. I like that it dries hard, because it keeps my hairs tamed and eliminates the need for a brow mascara, but it just happens so quickly. It makes it nearly impossible to blend seamlessly. I figured I would get better with the product as I used it more, but I just can't race my brows. My brows are a hot mess as it is, and trying to speed up the process was not doing them any favors.

Other than that, I really like the product. It stays a lot better than many of the other brow products I've used and even though it dries hard it doesn't dry crunchy. However, it claims to create "thicker, fuller" brows, but that is completely up to the artist, as there are no fibers or fillers in this product.

Over all, I'll be keeping and using the product sparingly, but will not be repurchasing.

Have you tried this product?
Do you have any tips for working with the NYX brow gel?
How did you like this product?


No comments:

Post a Comment