Monday, January 19, 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation With Comfort Serum Review



Are you ready to have your mind blown?! You better be, because this foundation is gonna do it! I purchased this foundation from Target on a whim, having never even heard of it before. I figured it wasn't much of a risk because it's super cheap and I like my Stay Matte foundation by Rimmel. The risk involved was low.

But the reward was extremely high! First off, I like the consistency of this foundation. It's not too thick so that you're sitting there forever waiting for it to come out of the bottle, but it's not too thin that it runs all over the back of my hand either. This foundation also applies beautifully! I blend it out using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and am blown away nearly every time. No joke. The coverage is awesome too. It evens out my skin tone and covers any redness I have. This foundation also lasts a very long time on the skin. I generally apply this foundation before 6am and take it off just before 6pm, but I also wear it longer than that on occasion. This foundation has a demi-matte finish (not super dewy, not super matte), so either side can be played up. I like to set it with a powder and make it completely matte. One thing I especially like about this foundation is that my oily skin does not break it up. At the end of the day, it looks just as great as when I first applied it, albeit a bit oily. It also does not transfer onto other surfaces. Saving my husband's shirts here! This foundation also has not broken me out in the last two weeks I've been wearing it, which is very important.

Over all, I'd say this foundation is creeping up on my Revlon Colorstay. Colorstay has been my holy grail foundation for a few years now but I am enjoying this Rimmel foundation immensely!

Quick Overview
Pros: long lasting, good coverage, reasonably priced
Cons: transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment