Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mary Kay review

So I recently ran into a Mary Kay consultant, Kristy, in the cosmetics aisle at Target. She approached me, asking what foundation I used because I had such an even skin tone, and a 5 minute conversation ensued. She was super nice, super friendly, and gave me her card. We set up a time for me to have a small Mary Kay party and it was a blast! She is such an amazing consultant and really made sure that the party was relaxing and refreshing.

Before the party, Kristy asked me what I was sort of looking to do. I told her I wanted to look at products to pamper my skin. I have plenty of products to clean my skin, but I really wanted some products to treat my skin to a luxurious experience. I ended up purchasing two products that do just that!

Before the party began, we, of course, had to remove our make up and to do that we used the Mary Kay oil-free eye makeup remover. And let me tell you, it was love at first use! This makeup remover is the most amazing remover I have ever used, hands down. Before this remover, I was just going to Ross and purchasing whatever wipes they happened to have that day. Buying makeup remover wipes from Ross is a toss up - sometimes they have a great selection and other times not. I never really found any wipes that I liked and they were always so harsh on my eyes. Lots of tugging and pulling and stinging my eyes. So using this Mary Kay eye makeup remover was like a dream! It so easily removed and absorbed all of my makeup. When I removed the cotton pad, I didn't have raccoon eyes from smearing mascara everywhere! HALLELUJAH! I was sold right then and there. I have used this eye makeup remover every day since then and have only fallen more in love with it.

The second product I purchased is the Mary Kay TimeWise 3-In-1 Cleanser (for combo/oily skin). I told Kristy I wanted to pamper my skin and this product does just that. I use it twice a day, followed with a moisturizer, and it hasn't dried out my face in the slightest. My face feels impossibly clean after using it, but not stripped. You know how sometimes your face is so stripped of oil that it literally squeaks when you run a finger across it? Yeah, this product doesn't do that, but my face is still so fresh. Over the last few weeks, this cleanser has dramatically improved my skin. I hardly have any acne bumps on my skin.

Overall, I was very pleased with my Mary Kay experience. Kristy is an amazing rep and really made sure we had a lot of fun. I plan on repurchasing both of the products when the time comes. At the end of the party, we also got to try a sample of one of their foundations (I'm not sure which, so I'll have to ask Kristy) and it made my skin feel so soft and luxurious! I'm looking forward to purchasing more Mary Kay products - and possibly becoming a consultant in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment